Monday, September 17, 2007

Now This Is My Kind Of Democracy

Recently, the (in)famous Barry Bonds home run number 756 baseball sold at auction for more than 3/4 of a million dollars. The buyer, it was revealed, was fashion designer Marc Ekco. Now he's trying decide what to do with it. The twist here is that he has opened up to a vote! He has said that he will let the public decide the final fate of the ball. There are 3 choices available:

1. Put it in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

2. Brand it was an asterisk . . . and then send it to Cooperstown.

3. Send it into space.
I certainly know my vote on this - and those of you who know me well can probably guess my pick pretty quick.

If you are interesting in voting, here's the link. You have until 11:59 EST, September 25th 2007 to vote

2 comments:

Journey said...

Since it's not self-propelled and has no way to maintain a stable orbit, space is a really bad idea unless they plan to send it directly into the sun. Orbital debris is a bitch, even if it'd never make it through re-entry.

Cheesehead said...

I love it - I voted for the asterisk.