Monday, February 25, 2008

News To Me


I just received an email from my father, informing me that apparently the Colorado Avalanche and Peter Forsberg have reached an agreement and he will return to the team! The last I had heard, Forsberg had decided not to return to the NHL this season. Guess he changed his mind! And if you don't believe me, here's the link. And in case there was any doubt, I an thrilled to hear this. Forsberg, despite the injuries he's had, is still one of the all time greats. And with the spate of injuries the Avs have had this year, we need all the help we can get!
(I got this image from the Avalanche website.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was making noises about rejoining the Flyers a week or two ago.

I wasn't terribly thrilled with the idea, frankly. Great hockey player, no doubt, and we sure suddenly need help (especially with Gagne out for the season now), but he just didn't seem to live up to expectations and spent way too much time on the injured list.

I wish him all the world's worth of luck back with the Avs.

RogueHistorian said...

I was thinking I might hear from you! I agree, there is still a great deal of concern over his injuries, but with our whole line-up having been decimated by injuries, and given Forsberg's previous chemistry with Sakic, I think it's worth a shot.

Anonymous said...

I can smell a hockey post from 2 light years, baby. :)

Thank the FSM the Flyers finally put a W up.

We just went on a bender - 0-8-2. We went from first in the division to the basement in ten games flat. That has to be a record implosion.

The other night we went down 3-0 in the first, but Danny Briere put the final puck in on the last shot of the shootout.

Hopefully there's some daylight there. I really want to take this paper bag off my head now. It's kind of hard to breathe.

Kisses

Anonymous said...

Oh, P.S.

Funny hockey moment yesterday. Flippin' through the channels, see some hockey, stop to see who's playing.

Just then I see Donald Brashear take Kimmy Johnsson to the boards. I was all like "No!!!! Be gentle with him, he's your fellow ex-Flyer and we still love you guys!!!!"

Man, I miss them both.

WTF was Clarkie thinking those last few years????

Anyway, good luck with your new-old guys.