Sunday, September 06, 2009

23-17!

Go Rammies!!!

I am now very glad the Colorado State/Colorado game was being televised here in Upstate NY. I am a CSU alum and have maintained a fanatic loyalty to the Rams ever since I decided to go there.

And it was a good game, which is always a good thing. Not that the W isn't a very good thing, but the fact that the game as a whole was good is a nice bonus.

My friends and I went to a CSU/CU game my freshman year, which was 10 years ago. At that time, CU had dominated the rivalry for a number of years. That year, however, we went to watch the game at Mile High (where the game is usually held), and the Rams destroyed the Buffs. Final score: 41-14. And despite what was said later, however, the CSU fans did not storm the field! That of course, did not stop the Denver PD from firing tear-gas into the stands - or from turning around and firing tear-gas into the CSU Marching Band . . . who were marching away from the police! (Yeah, I'm still a little pissed about the whole thing.)

And tonight was also the first time in (I think) 23 years since CSU has won a game at Folsom Field (the CU stadium - they decided not to have the game in Denver this year). Yeah, you could say I'm a pretty happy Rammie right now!

And if you hadn't figured it out, the CSU colors are Green and Gold, hense the change in font color!)

No comments: