Monday, June 19, 2006

Old False Start and a New Fresh Start

OK - so I've had this blog for a while, but haven't really been using it. Too busy. But I've decided that it's time to really do something - well, that and I'm a little bored and don't feel like working just this moment. Maybe that has something to do with my boss being out of town right now......

Or maybe it's the fact that the name "The Fiery Valley of Death" can once again be applied to the Phoenix area. It's only 10:00 AM here and it's already 95 degrees out. There are times I hate it here..... It's just like everywhere, though, good times of the year and bad times of the year. Yeah, it's hot, but at least I don't have to put up with snow (like when I lived in Colorado) or the oppressive heat of DC (I'm sorry, 98 degrees and 90% humidity just sucks all the way around) or the seasonal swarms of locust (i.e.: tourists) which you get back home in Hawai'i.

On the plus side for today, it's game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs tonight at 5 PM local time. Granted, my Colorado Avalanche are out of it, but I still enjoy watching hockey and I would love to see Carolina become only the second team in NHL history to blow a 3-1 series lead. (Bonus points to anyone who can tell me the only team to do so to this point - and NO LOOKING IT UP ONLINE - THAT'S CHEATING!) My roommate, Josh, and I are planning on going down to the bar to grab a couple beers (always nice in this heat) and watch the game. Hopefully it will be a good one. Go Oilers!

Current mood: a slight malaise
Current music: The Dead, Summer Getaway 2003, "Fire on the Mountain"

No comments: