Tuesday, June 19, 2007

World Won't End Before 2060

According to Newton anyway. CNN.com posted this story about a series of papers written by Isaac Newton, in which he predicted that world would not end prior to 2060. According to the CNN story, Newton wrote, "It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner."

This works out perfectly for me. For a long time, I have said that when I turn 80, I'm going to plant myself on the front porch with a carton of cigarettes, a case of Jack, and a loaded shotgun.

I was born in 1980. So by 2060, I'll be . . . you guessed it, 80. The timing couldn't be better. I'll be able to sit, smoke, drink, and just wait for the end of the world!

5 comments:

Brett Hendrickson said...

Very convenient!

Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq. said...

Rogue,

Sounds like Newton was on the cutting edge of west-coast, liberal elite, tree-hugging hippies, all into predicting the end of the world because of global warming. Typical liberal intellectual.

-Theodore Trumblebunks, I, Esq.

Erin said...

good to know. I was using that Mayan calendar that predicts the end of the world in December 2013, which is fast approaching. I don't have time to get everything done by then, so I prefer your friend Newton's apocalyptic prediction.

Anonymous said...

End of the world eh? At least we know we led a better life than our illustrious commander-in-chief! And I bring you the quote of the day:

"I suspect that had my dad not been president, he'd be asking the same questions: How'd your meeting go with so-and-so? How did you feel when you stood up in front of the people for the State of the Union Address --- State of the Budget Address --- whatever you call it."
- George W. Bush March 9, 2001 From an interview with the Washington Post.

KB said...

Sounds good to me.....I'll be well gone!!

And Propsqueen: hahahaha, great quote!! =D